Friday, May 29, 2009

Spring 09, 3D Animation 2 Project

Ok! So I just now uploaded my final project to YouTube. I needed a spot for it to be seen online.



Sweet petunias! IT WORKS!
So now I'm in a good mood.

There's a ton on it that needs to be reworked. Like including depth-map shadows, my blend shape facial expressions, and keeping it closer to the original 2D animatic that was sooo much better. To give you an idea, compare 50 seconds to 2 minutes.

Yeah.

Anyways, even though class is over, I'm still working on this little endeavor. Fixing the facial expressions for both characters and generally keeping it closer to the 2D animatic which I'll post here soon.

Any other questions or comments about the project (like the lighting; the seams you see on the characters; and the music volume difference) feel free to post.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed, that was pretty funny. I can't truly give you any critique because I don't do 3D art, however I will say that anything you WANT to do to improve it (adding an animation where the wings dissipate somehow, adding a smear with the poo, have the bird clutch it's belly and shake as if it were laughing), you should try to implement.

    Skill is a slippery slope, once you get a good grasp on something you exponentially get better. So do as much as you can so that you perpetuate your increasing abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude! I appreciate that.
    The wings on the stomach laugh idea sounds pretty awesome.

    And I've started thinking about the smearing of poo with nCloth in Maya.

    Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was informative. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete