Monday, June 15, 2009

June 10th's Art Excercises, pt1



Alright. Show and tell time. I always loved that part of class, but I'd more like to see everyone else' stuff than mine. But I'm slowly getting outta the habit of that and enjoying seeing my stuff online.
Then I wake up the next morning and wonder why I put my stuff up. lol.

Anyways, this batch is from an exercise my art teacher had me do, based on another exercise we both did at Dallas Museum of Art.
Combine an element of classical art (14th - 17th centuryish) with a modern scene. Along with that scene, I had to give 3 variations, or three perspectives, of that one scene. An effect very similar to what you see in manga in their establishing shot/page. And for the kicker, one of those images must include a reflection.

Yeah.

So I tried, and honestly avoided the exercise until last Wednesday the 10th (my lessons are Thursdays), but I found the art history book of my teachers and used it.
So out came these few pictures.

From my point of view, they're not really classically inspired, just good examples of perspective. If something comes to mind, let me know.

I drew a lot of sketches, so these are part one.

No comments:

Post a Comment